Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Real Techniques Miracle Sculpting and Miracle Mini Eraser Sponges

My complexion application tool of choice is by way of sponge. I've tried a few in my time - the original Beauty Blender, the Real Techniques Complexion Sponge, and a few no-name $3-5 ones. This past year, Real Techniques has launched two new sponges - the Real Techniques Miracle Sculpting Sponge ($10.49 each)and the Miracle Mini Eraser Sponges ($10.49 for two). 


In general, these sponges feel stiffer and more tightly packed than the Miracle Complexion Sponge and the Beauty Blender. Both sponges can be used with cream, powder or liquid products and should be replaced at least every 3 months (I'm guilty of keeping mine for 6 months...). 




The Real Techniques Miracle Sculpting Sponge features 6 different surfaces of varying shapes and sizes. My favourites are the bottom flat side for blending on large surface areas (underneath the cheekbones) and the top rounded edge blending out cream highlight. I find myself reaching for this one mostly for (1) applying foundation, which is not it's intended use but I find the hourglass shape to be more ergonomically friendly than other sponges (2) blending out cream contour products - because the effect is more diffused than a brush can achieve. 



The Real Techniques Miracle Mini Eraser Sponge is the Miracle Complexion Sponge that got shrunken in the dryer with its edge squared off. Undoubtedly, it's a drugstore dupe for the beauty blender micro.mini. Unlike the micro.mini, It features two flat surfaces. The smaller flat surface is ideal for getting right up to the lash line without messing up your eyeshadow. 

The brand's website recommends 6 ways to use it: sweeping away fallout, wiping away liner, picking up brow fallout, wiping away smudges, blending overapplied blush/highlight and picking up over applied shadow. It's wonderful that the sponge is precise enough to do all of those things but I like it most for blending my concealer and setting around the nose and under eyes with powder. 

Unless the sponge is your go-to makeup application tool, I don't think you need to rush out and pick these out. However, they're both excellent, affordable and more versatile alternatives to comparably pricier makeup sponges. And there's room for both of the sponges in my everyday beauty routine. 

What do you think of Real Technique's new makeup sponges? 

Press samples featured
Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!