Thursday, February 2, 2017

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free All-in-1 Foundation in Light Medium

The North American cushion foundation trend is so 2016. But because I've had luck with Korean cushion foundations (minus my inability to find a good shade), I'm always down to try a cushion foundation. The Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free All-In-One ABC Cushion Foundation ($20.49) claims to have it all - the benefits of an alphabet cream (Airbrushing, Blurring, Correcting) in a weightless formula that smoothes, firms, blurs fine lines and pores, brightens and leaves the skin with a luminous finish. 


The packaging is unique in that it's Disney princess chic. Other than that, it's pretty standard for a cushion foundation. The compact features a mirror and a plastic closure to cover the sponge. It comes with a sponge applicator that rests over the plastic closure. 


The shade selection sucks but it's pretty comparable to that of Korean cosmetics companies. There's only three options - Light, Light/Medium and Medium. Luckily for me Light/Medium is a near-perfect match. It's ever so slightly too dark but I can get away with it thanks to concealer, bronzer and a little blending. 


High key, this is the best cushion foundation I've tried. Albeit, I don't get any of the claimed AA, BB or CC Cream benefits. The coverage is light, so some of my hyper-pigmentation peeks through. Concealer sits nicely on top. It doesn't emphasize the dryness on my chin or the large pores on and around my nose. The finish is completely natural - not overly dewy/oily or matte. And it's long-wearing too (8-9 hours without powder on my oily skin).

Yes, it's a bit pricey for drugstore at the $20+ mark but it's well worth the price for effortless, flawless skin (that actually looks like skin). 

Have you tried the Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free All-in-1 Foundation? 
Press samples featured
Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!