Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Bite Beauty #TheLipPencil in 022 and 044

Bite Beauty - a brand that has almost exclusively lip products - has finally released a lip pencil. It's the Bite Beauty The Lip Pencil ($20 CAD) to be exact. The Lip Pencil is available in 22 shades, inspired by the natural tones of the lips. 



I've said it once and I'll say it again. Lip pencils are boring but necessary, particularly for vampier, more finicky shades of lipstick in creamy formulations like Bite Beauty's Amuse Bouche line. On first application I was very impressed by Bite Beauty's The Lip Pencil in 022. It's the perfect nude on my skin tone and the application was beautiful. It's glided on my lips like butter and provided opaque matte coverage. 

In terms of wearability, The Lip Pencil is a lot like other lip pencils. It prevents my lipstick from feathering/bleeding/migrating down my chin and provides an hour or two of extra wear time. The Lip Pencil can be worn alone or underneath lipstick. Either way, it doesn't dry out my lips, which is something that happens often with other lip pencils. 


Bite Beauty The Lip Pencil in 044, Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Whiskey, The Lip Pencil in 022, Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Honeycomb



The Bite Beauty The Lip Pencil in 022 is a rosy brown. Left is the lip pencil worn alone. Right is the lip pencil worn underneath the Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Honeycomb.



The Bite Beauty The Lip Pencil in 044 is a rich mahogany. Left is the lip pencil worn alone. Right is the lip pencil worn underneath the Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Whiskey.

All in all, I'm very happy with the Bite Beauty The Lip Pencils. Bite is my absolute favourite lipstick brand and the Lip Pencil's are creamy, super smooth and do what lip pencils are supposed to do. I don't think I could ask for much more. 

Have you tried The Lip Pencil?

Sample received c/o Influenster. 

Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!