Saturday, September 3, 2016

Clio Tinted Tattoo Kill Brow in No.3 Dark Brown & Clio Tinted Lip Tattoo in Bloody Cherry

Clio Tinted Tattoo Kill Brow Set No. 3 Dark Brown ($31.99 CAD on Echoo.ca) contains 2 dual-ended tattoo-inspired products - the Clio Tinted Tattoo Kill Brow in No.3 Dark Brown and the Clio Tinted Lip Tattoo in Bloody Cherry. The Clio Tinted Tattoo Kill Brow has sold over million pieces in 6 months. 





The Clio Tinted Tattoo Kill Brow in No.3 Dark Brown is a 2-in-1 waterproof eyebrow tattoo pen. It's available in a limited 3-shade range - No.1 Earth Brown, No.2 Soft Brown and No.3 Dark Brown. My hair is neither of the three but the Clio Tinted Tattoo Kill Brow in No.3 Dark Brown is the closest that's available. 

The two sides are (1) a pen and (2) an eyebrow mascara. The pen is for creating shape and filling in sparse areas, while the brow mascara adds colour and holds eyebrows into place. The pen is quite sheer while the eyebrow mascara is more pigmented in colour and seems to add quite a bit of thickness to my brows. Staying power is all day until I decide to remove it good, even on a hot, humid day.  


There are two ways to use it - as a tattoo and as make up. Basically, for a "tattoo effect" you apply the pen on clean, bare skin before bed. Then, in the morning you apply the mascara for a bit of colour. Maybe I'm washing my face too vigorously, but I don't really get that "tattoo" effect following the days after I apply the Clio Tinted Tattoo Kill Brow, so I prefer it as a good old makeup. As makeup, it's just an eyebrow-filling pen and eyebrow mascara. 

I couldn't find much info about the Clio Tinted Lip Tattoo in Bloody Cherry, as it doesn't seem like it's sold on its own. It's a dual ended lip stain with a pen applicator on one end and a doe foot applicator on the other. The pen side offers a sheer tint of colour while staining product on the doe foot side is much more potent. 

For some reason, I can't get the sheer wash of colour (pen) to stick to my upper lip. It always wears away on my upper lip after a couple hours but clings to my lower lip. The result? An unintentional colour-blocked lip look. Not cool. The sheer tint seems to enhance dry patches on my lips and the colour sticks for about 3 hours. The doe foot applicator offers intense colour and better staying power (6 hours on both my upper and lower lip). 


Is the set worth it? YES. The Clio website lists the Clio Kill Brow Tinted Tattoo at $20 USD (currently $26 CAD with the crappy exchange). So, you're basically getting the lip tint for $5 CAD. Considering that you also get two dual ended products (that's 4 in total), it's a good way to try a few Clio offerings in one go.  

Have you tried any Clio lip or brow products? 
Press samples featured c/o Echoo.ca

Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!