Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Sulwhasoo Even Fair Perfecting Cushion Foundation in 25 Deep Beige


Two years ago, cushion foundations were all the rage in Korea (I reviewed the IOPE and THEFACESHOP versions). Now they're gaining popularity on this side of the world with brands from Lancome to L'Oreal to Sephora Collection launching their own cushion foundations (along with cushion eyeliners, blushes and bronzers)

But let's head back to Korea for a moment. The Sulwahsoo Even Fair Perfecting Cushion Foundation ($60) is touted as one of the BEST cushion foundations on the market. Sulwhasoo (owned by Amore Pacific) is a luxury Korean brand that specializes in skincare ingredients derived from medicinal herbs. Hence, the Sulwhasoo Even Fair Perfecting Cushion foundation smells a little more herbal than most beauty products (nothing bothersome).

I tested the Sulwhasoo Even Fair Perfecting Cushion Foundation everyday for two weeks during my trip to Greece and will continue to use it through the summer.


The packaging is standard for cushion foundations - bulky with a mirror and a puff applicator.
The price is $60, which appears pricey but the package comes with a 0.52 fl. oz./15 g refill. This equates to about $60 per 1 fl. oz. (standard foundation size), which is comparable to high end foundations like YSL, Giorgio Armani, Guerlain, etc.

I received the Sulwhasoo Even Fair Perfecting Cushion Foundation in the shade 25 Deep Beige, which is not actually that deep. There is only 2 other shades - 23 Medium Beige and 21 Light Beige. As per usual, a poor selection from a korean beauty brand. For reference I'm a MAC NC 25-30. The Sulwhasoo Even Fair Perfecting Cushion in the shade 25 Deep Beige is too deep for winter skin but a perfect match for the tan I got I'm Greece.



The foundation is broad spectrum SPF 50+, which seriously works because my face is now 10 shades lighter than my body after coming back from Greece (I used SPF 30 on my body).
Coverage is medium, evening out and covering up imperfections (for me that's hyperpigmengation and freckles on my cheeks and pores and redness on the nose with) but without looking like a porcelain doll.

The Sulwhasoo Even Fair Perfecting Cushion Foundation has a very dewy finish that gives a wet/moist look to the face, which is a look I've been enjoying as of late. The shine is less prominent than the IOPE and THEFACESHOP cushions I have tried in the past.


The texture of the foundation cushion is thin and lightweight with a slight tackiness that never really seems to dry down. That being said, it is not transfer resistant but somehow seems to last on the face.

I have what I like to refer to as an "oil slick" t-zone. The foundation performs as as most do on my forehead and nose. If I'm not sweating in humid 30C weather, then all is well and good with the Sulwhasoo Even Fair Perfecting Cushion Foundation - the foundation will start separating on my nose after maybe 8 hours. On a hot day, it starts to separate after 3 or 4. No matter the weather, I need to blot my forehead every couple of hours. The rest of my face seems to look fresh all day with the foundation sticking around for over 10 hours.


Overall, I'm smitten with the Sulwhasoo Even Fair Perfecting Cushion Foundation. I might have oily skin but I'm loving the dewy look so this is perfect. With a little powder and a few blotting sheets I can avoid the separation issue. If you prefer the ultra-hydrated look over a matte foundation, try this! 

Have you tried a cushion foundation yet? 

Press samples featured
Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!