Thursday, March 3, 2016

Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara & Revlon Volume + Length Magnified Mascara

Revlon recently discontinued all of their mascaras and released five new ones. The new Revlon Mascara Collection is clear, concise and succinct. Each one has a specific purpose. There's Dramatic Definition, Ultra Volume, Super Length, Volume + Length, and Ultimate All-in-One ($8.99 each). 


Two of the five landed on my desk a few weeks ago. I chose the Revlon Volume + Length Magnified Mascara (blue cap) because I thought it best suited my straight, stubbly and sparse lashes. I also wanted to try the Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara (red cap) because...WHO DOESN'T WANT IT ALL. 


Revlon says that its Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara is a 5-in-1 - volume, length, definition, lift and intense colour. The plastic wand is teeny, tiny and like nothing I've encountered before. 


I had high hopes given the 5 claims but was gravely disappointed. The Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara did very little for me. Perhaps there was a little length and lift but with no volume or definition in sight. The tiny wand couldn't separate my lashes and left them a sad and clumpy. 

Does it lengthen? Very little. Does it volumize? Not really. Does it clump? Yes Does it smudge? No. Does it droop? Yes. Is it easy to remove? Yes. 


The Revlon Volume + Length Magnified Mascara has a traditional bristled wand with a slightly squared shape and is meant to anchor the formula to add intense volume and length. 


The Revlon Volume + Length Magnified Mascara is everything that I wished the Revlon All-in-One Mascara was. My lashes look so fluffy - almost like I'm wearing false lashes. It ticks all the boxes. The volume, length, definition and lift are all there and it's amazing.  I don't like that the curl doesn't hold for longer than 5-6 hours but I'm super satisfied with the initial application of the Revlon Volume + Length Magnified Mascara

Does it lengthen? Yes. Does it volumize? Yes. Does it clump? No. Does it smudge? No. Does it droop? Yes. Is it easy to remove? Yes. 

If your lashes are anything like mine, I would not recommend the Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara. However, I highly recommend the Revlon Volume + Length Magnified Mascara. I can't say I'm not curious to see how the other three products (Dramatic Definition, Ultra Length and Super Volume) in the new Revlon Mascara Collection perform and those are probably ones that I'll pick up next! 

Have you tried any of Revlon's new mascaras?
Press samples featured

Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!