Monday, March 28, 2016

#ManiMonday - Ukrainian Easter Egg Nail Art

If you've ever made and designed a Easter egg (Ukrainian style), you'll know that the process is quite tedious and the detailed designs take a very steady hand. Traditional Pysanka (Ukrainian Easter eggs) are made by drawing a design with wax, dipping the egg in dye and burning off the wax. The process is called batik and after burning off the wax, the areas underneath remain white.  


Image source: Wikipedia

The intricacies of the Pysanka reminded me a lot of nail art, so I thought I'd attempt to create some Ukrainian Easter egg-inspired designs for my fingertips. 


I've done both Pysanka and nail art before and I'll have you know that Pysanka nail art is just as difficult as the whole wax/dye/burning process. It took me a few tries on many of my nails and by the time I was finished four of my nails I was just too lazy to finish my thumb. Four fingers of my left hand took a little over an hour to finish... 



Have you ever made a Ukrainian Easter Egg? How do you think I did with the nail art this week?

Press samples featured
Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!