Friday, March 4, 2016

Lavender Lips with the NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Sway // #NYXCanada

If you were ever looking for a cool lavender lipstick, the NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick ($10) in Sway is pure beauty. Lavender ain't a particularly wearable colour but it's just so fun that I can't help but slap it on from time to time. I have yet to wear it out in public but I've been rocking it in the comfort of my own apartment. 


The NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks are meant to be a plush, vibrant lip colour. NYX says that the lipstick glides on and sets into a matte, waterproof finish. The range includes 12 colours: 
  • Stone Fox (deep grey with blue undertone)
  • Life's a Beach (bright coral)
  • Cherry Skies (deep wine red)
  • Soft-Spoken (mauve nude)
  • Orange County (orange)
  • Sway (lavender)
  • Sandstorm (true nude)
  • Pink Lust (hot pink)
  • Tea & Cookies (muted tea rose) 
  • Amethyst (deep neon purple)
  • Kitten Heels (bright red)
  • Vintage (plum with mauve undertone)

The NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Sway is fully opaque in two layers and it applies smoothly...like butter. It sets to a pretty semi-matte ("suede") finish but I was left with a slightly tacky feeling on the lips for the entire time I was wearing it. The colour transfers, however it still lasted a good 5 hours with eating and drinking before I felt like it was fading on the inner rim of my lips. 


Overall, I'm indifferent on the formulation. I wouldn't recommend picking up colours that are easily dupable in more comfortable or long-wearing formulations but I would say that if you've always wanted to try a lavender, blue-grey or amethyst lip colour than these are definitely worth a shot. 

Do you have any lavender lip colours? 
Press samples featured

Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!