Saturday, March 12, 2016

HAIR: Reverse Washing with Tresemme Beauty-Full Volume

Conditioner before Shampoo? It could be blasphemous to some but it ain't a new thing. 

Reverse washing is the act of applying conditioner and then shampoo when washing your hair. The idea behind reverse washing is that conditioner after shampoo leaves hair weighed down, so doing it the other way around would first nourish your hair and then lighten it up, as the shampoo would take away some of the heaviness of the conditioner. 



Just launched is the Tresemme Beauty-Full Volume Collection, a range designed specifically for reverse washing. The first step is the Beauty-Full Volume Pre-Wash Conditioner ($5.99). then comes the Beauty-Full Volume Shampoo ($5.99). Then to finish is the Beauty-Full Volume Hair Maximizer ($7.99).  

To be honest, the Tresemme Beauty-Full Volume Pre-Wash Conditioner and Beauty-Full Volume Shampoo both look and feel like your standard shampoos/conditioners from the drugstore. However, used in reverse (conditioner first and shampoo second), they're amazing. All that "Beauty Full" volume that Tresemme promises is real. Immediately after the first use of the shampoo/conditioner duo my hair was silky smooth but not at all weighed down. 

Do be forewarned though, the Tresemme Beauty-Full Volume Shampoo and Conditioner are not gentle. If you have any sort of colouring in your hair, this stuff will likely strip it out. I pretty much went back to black from having red-purple locks. 

I was less impressed by the Tresemme Beauty-Full Volume Hair Maximizer, which is meant to add frizz-free smoothness, shine and body. The Hair Maximizer didn't do anything but leave my hair looking greasy and unwashed. 

As someone with fairly oily hair, the whole idea of reverse washing totally worked for me. Shampooing out any excess heaviness from the conditioner leaves hair feeling light and airy. I've tried reverse washing with other lines of conditioner/shampoo, so the concept isn't unique to Tresemme's line. That being said, the Tresemme Beauty-Full Volume Shampoo and Conditioner are solid drugstore products that work well with the reverse washing method. 

Have you ever tried reverse washing? 

 Press samples featured
Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of reverse washing before. I colour my hair quite often and do a lot of heat damage to it.. I'm not sure if this method would be right for me. I like my hair to feel smooth after washing, and I think the shampoo as the last step would make it feel dry and brittle.
    I'm also not a fan if this method is going to strip out any colour (however, it might be good if I have colour in my hair that I want to get rid of haha)

    Maddy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day!