Saturday, March 26, 2016

HAIR: Maple Holistics Winter Blend Shampoo & Conditioner

My hair is fickle. Oily in the summer and brittle in the winter. So, I've been switching up my haircare options. Currently in my shower (at home) is the Maple Holistics Winter Blend Shampoo and Conditioner ($13.95 each or $18.45 as a set on sale). 


Maple Holistics is a natural brand for skin, hair and body that uses blends of essential oils for aromatherapy and therapeutics. Note, Maple Holistics doesn't claim to use organic ingredients but the website does state that their products are safe for colour treated hair, sulfate-free, and not tested on animals (vegan friendly). One cool thing about Maple Holistics is that they have a 100% Quality Guarantee, which means that if you're not satisfied with the results of a Maple Holistics product, they'll either replace your product with something more suitable or give you a full refund. 


The Winter Blend Shampoo and Conditioner are meant to be the solution to frizzy hair, fly-aways and dandruff. For the Winter Blend, Maple Holistics lists several variations on mint (among a few other ingredients)... each with a different purpose: 
  • Wild Mint - to stimulate blood flow to the root of the hair 
  • Bergamot Mint - to soothe the skin
  • Spearmint - to sweeten the aroma
  • Peppermint - to reduce frizz and add gloss
  • Eucalyptus - to prevent residue buildup
  • Jojoba Oil - to strengthen the hair
  • Botanical Keratin - to strengthen the hair
That being said, the Winter Blend Shampoo and Conditioner smell very minty. Upon first application, my scalp gets a pleasant, cool tingly feeling that appears to stimulate blood flow to my scalp and is a breath of fresh air, akin to a gust of wind on a cold winter's morning. It's great. 

The shampoo is a slightly thick consistency and builds up to a good lather and washes out easily, while the conditioner is quite lightweight. The result? My hair isn't the best it's ever been, but it's not bad (especially compared to that time I used to the Odylique Tea Tree Oil + Herb Shampoo). After three weeks of using the Maple Holistics Winter Blend Shampoo and Conditioner I don't have any dandruff or split ends. It's pretty shiny, given it's the winter but slightly frizzy, which means I have to supplement the Winter Blend duo with hair oils if I want boosted moisture and shine. Due to the light-ish weights of the shampoo/conditioner, I haven't experienced any buildup or greasy roots and I only need to wash my hair every two or three days. 

Overall, the Maple Holistics Winter Blend Shampoo and Conditioner are perfectly seasonally appropriate, especially for my winter hair woes. I can see myself also using this shampoo/conditioner set in the summer as it's not particularly heavy and the tingly minty fresh feeling would be appreciated on a scorching hot day. However, at the $13.95 per 8 oz. price point, they're a little expensive given that you can find other great natural haircare products for under $5 or less. 

Do you use different shampoos in the winter/summer? 

Press samples featured
Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!