Thursday, March 17, 2016

Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara in Black

The Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara in Black ($4.99, exclusively at Shoppers Drug Mart) wins the award for best and worst mascara ever. 

It's the best because for one, It has the cutest packaging ever and features a conical wand that's great for the lower lash line and the tiny baby lashes in the innermost corners of the eyes.  



It also does amazing things in terms of length and volume. The amount of volume with three coats of the Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara is quite dramatic and makes my eyes look like they have more lashes than what actually exists. The lengthening effect is decent but not quite as lifting as something like the CoverGirl Plumpify Lash Blast Pro Mascara

What I absolutely hate about this mascara is that it smudges after a couple hours. Not a little bit of smudging on the corners of my eyes but all out raccoon eyes. It ain't pretty. 

Before the Essence Lash Princess False Lash effect Mascara

After the Essence Lash Princess False Lash effect Mascara

Does it lengthen? Certainly. Does it volumize? Yes. Does it clump? Slightly. Does it smudge? Unfortunately, yes. Does it droop? No. Is it easy to remove? Yes. 

While I love what the Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara does for my lashes, I just can't shake the fact that it smudges. I'd rather wear a mascara that does very little volumizing/lengthening than a mascara that gives me raccoon eyes. So, I won't be reaching for the Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara any time soon. If only the Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara didn't smudge. If that were the case, then it'd be the perfect mascara for my lashes. 


Have you tried the Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara?
Press sample featured
Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!