Thursday, July 25, 2013

PRETTY UGLY: CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Glosstini in 530 Appletini

Appletini is probably the last colour I'd ever choose for myself. At first glance, I didn't think this colour would be flattering on anybody. Luckily, I didn't actually pay for this with my own money. I got it free in a goodie bag for getting a free makeover during the MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVA) weekend. 

I was curious as to how it would look on my skintone, so I decided to give it a shot. The polish applied nicely in 2 coats and the colour is very... unique. I'm not sure if it's uniqueness is a good or a bad thing. The sickly greenish-yellow is a cross between The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, a Granny Smith Apple, and .... snot. And the verdict? I don't like how it looks on my fingernails and I only wore it until it started chipping to test the lasting power. 

In terms of formula, I'd say that it ranks similar to brands like Sally Hansen and China Glaze. It's not half bad and if I see a unique colour...that's unique in a good way, then perhaps I'll pick one up in the future. 




This is a limited edition nail polish from the CoverGirl "Glosstini" collection. Other colours in the collection include Purple Freeze, Orange Oasis, Pina Colada, Blue Hawaiian, Lemon Drop, Sangria, and Bahama Mama, all inspired by cocktails of course. I'd probably go for every single colour in the collection with the exception of Appletini. I was really hoping and praying that I'd get Bahama Mama (a peachy pink) in my goodie bag... but that's the luck of the draw. 

It seems like these polishes come in mini-sizes (3.5 ml) and retail for $2.99 on drugstore.com. The full -size CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Glosses from the regular line are $5.99 at well.ca and can be found at your local drugstore. 

What do you think of this colour? Pretty or pretty ugly? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!