Tuesday, July 2, 2013

No-Makeup Makeup

What surprises me is that I use a ridiculous amount of makeup for my "natural" face. I've counted 9 products in total... so I'd probably fail the 5 product face challenge. I used a few of the products in my May Favourites :) 

It's summer and it's gross and humid outside, so I'd prefer not to look like a total cakeface sweating through the piles of product on my skin. I've attempted to achieve something that's "me" but less of an "I-stayed-up-all-night-and-wrote-10-blog-posts-at-once" and slightly more even and glowy skin, more shape to my face, and a little more colour and definition. SLIGHTLY. Oh... and get the luscious locks aka no-heat beachy waves HERE


The product breakdown...

FACE: 
MAC Face and Body
Benefit Erase Paste. 
NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Boho Chic
NYC Sunny Bronzer
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder

EYES: 
Quo Eyelash Curler
Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Zero

LIPS: 
Kona Kare Essensual Lip Butter in Chocolate Mint
Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Hibiscus 

I skipped mascara...and I know I still have the most baggy eye-bags on earth, but it's not a big deal. If I was feeling lazy...I'd skip out on all the face products except concealer and be done with it. 

When putting on any makeup, remind yourself that you look fine with or without. Use makeup to enhance your natural self, don't cover yourself up!  ... my little makeup mantra for the day:) 

Do you wear less makeup in the summer? What steps would you skip? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!