Sunday, July 28, 2013

Get to Know Me Better: 11 Questions from Kalyn Lord

Guess who's been tagged? MEE! I'm actually so horrible with these tag posts... and MY SINCEREST APOLOGIES if I've not done a tag you've tagged me in...this might explain why people rarely tag me anymore. Special thanks to Kayln of  The Scenic Route for tagging me, she's got a stellar style of writing and amazing nails to match. 
Rule 1: Post the rules
Rule 2: Answer the questions the tagger asked you, then make 11 new ones.
Rule 3: Tag 11 people [ or how many you feel like ] and link them to your post
Rule 4: Let them know you've tagged them



1. Cream, Powder, or Stain Blush? 
CREAM. I'm a sucker for cream blushes (even though I only have two). I like that I can use my fingers to apply them, which makes application more convenient in a rush. Plus, a lot of cream blushes have this amazing dewy sheen that I've never found in a powder or stain... a great of example of this would be the NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Boho Chic.


2. What are your thoughts on textured nail polishes? 
The one and only textured polish I've tried is the OPI Liquid Sand in Solitaire from the Bond Collection. I'm very very very pleased with it. I used to think smooth creamy colours were nice but textured polishes are so much more... interesting! 

3. What is your natural hair texture? Do you work it or do you change it? 
I have thick, straight hair... and guuuuurl, I work it good. I'm actually just too lazy to change it and I'm content with the way it is! If I ever do change it, it's just a few no-heat waves like this

4. Who is your beauty icon?
It may sound silly to some but I like to think that Michelle Phan is both a beauty icon and a businesswoman that I can aspire to be like. She's creative, daring, beautiful, and smart... all qualities that I adore in anybody. I love her so much that I copied one of her tutorials in a post :) 

5. What is your #1 favourite drugstore brand?
This is tough. From each brand, there's at least one product that is holy grail status and there's also one or more that I absolutely despise. I'd say it's a toss up between Revlon and Maybelline. However, Revlon has fewer products that I dislike, so I'll have to go with Revlon. 

6. When did you first decide to start beauty blogging?
It's not a very interesting story. One night in November 2012, I got bored of studying and started writing instead. It's been fun :) 

7. How many lipsticks do you own? 
I'm at school writing this at the moment, but I'll guestimate that it's around ... 20 :\ I love to buy lip products and never wear them. 


8. Do you wear a full face of makeup everyday? 
Nope. It's more along the lines of no makeup makeup with a twist. Perhaps an orange on the lips or a coloured eyeliner. 

9. Describe your beauty routine in 11 words or less.
simple...SPF, concealer, lipstick/product, powder, tightline, mascara... BAM. DONE. 

10. If you had $100 to spend in one store, what store would it be? 
It doesn't have to be a cosmetics store, but I'd choose the cosmetics section of the Big Carrot. Natural/Vegan/Organic makeup entices me! 

11. Do you change your skincare or beauty routine based on seasonal changes? 
Yep! Everything in the winter is much heavier than the summer. 


I TAG: 
  1. Elle of Lipstick and Lace
  2. Jasmine and Angela of the Happy Sloths
  3. Stephanie from Beauty Infinitum 
  4. June of Junniku 
  5. Aaliyah of Shadow Liner Girl
  6. Amina of Oh Just One More
  7. Ash B of A Beauty Moment
  8. Sharra of The Blahg
My questions are a bit... all over the place... and there's only 8...
YOUR QUESTIONS: 
  1. How many glasses of water do you drink a day? 
  2. KFC or Popeyes? 
  3. If you had a limitless amount of cash but could only purchase on thing, what would you buy? 
  4. Who is your all time favourite blogger and why? - HINT: it doesn't have to be me ;)
  5. Do you like tag posts? 
  6. Your favourite childhood memory. 
  7. What are your interests (other than makeup/fashion/beauty)? 
  8. Name three summer beauty essentials... GO :) 
I won't be offended if you don't do this tag... 

Feel free to do this tag even if I haven't specifically tagged you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!