Wednesday, July 10, 2013

COPYCAT: Miley Cyrus We Can't Stop Makeup Look


My sincerest apologies. I won't be doing any Miley-style twerking for you today.. but in all seriousness, Miley Cyrus's latest music video for the song "we can't stop" is artsy, twisted, rebellious, and weird all at once. Plus, I gotta admit, the tune is pretty catchy. Check it out here

What really caught my eye in the video was her bold red lip (and the french fry skull.... and Miley's super fit bod), so I got inspired to do a little "inspired" copycat look. The look itself is quite simple and includes a bold lip, smudgy lined eyes, defined brows, flawless skin and amazing cheekbones. 







Savvy Lipliner in Brick, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Smitten, Revolution Organics Freedom Glow in Bronzed, Be A Bombshell Lip Gloss in Hot Mess

The lips stood out to me the most, so that's where I started. I had a huge issue trying to find a suitable colour to match Miley's pout. I ended up using a complex lip combo starting with Savvy Nourishing Lip Liner in "Brick" as a red base, then went over it with the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in "Smitten" to add a pink tinge. I found these two to be too fuschia so I added a few dabs of my favourite cream bronzer of the moment, the Revolution Organics Freedom Glow Beauty Balm in "Bronzed"for some darkness and finally topped everything  off with the Be a Bombshell Lip Gloss in "Hot Mess". After all that product, I think I got as close to Miley's lip as possible given my slightly crazy combo of products. 





Madison Street Beauty Eyeshadow Primer, The Body Shop Matte Eyeshadow in 09, Ecotools Highlighting Eye Brush, Revlon Lash Potion Grow Luscious Mascara in Blackest Black, NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Zero, Ecotools Angled Brush 


Next up, the eye makeup... which was nothing too fancy. I used Madison Street Beauty Eyeshadow Primer as a base and then covered my eyelid area with The Body Shop Eye Colour Matte in "09" (a mid-toned brown with hints of purple and grey) which actually has a satin finish. I used this eyeshadow to give my eyes a slight bit of depth while still staying true to the look in the Music Video. I then swiped my Eco-tools Angled Brush on to the point of my Urban Decay Glide-On Eye Pencil in "Zero" and smudged the colour into my upper and lower lashlines sparingly without a wing. I dotted NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in "Milk" and blended with my ring finger in the inner corner for a little brightness and then coated my upper and lower lashes with Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious Mascara* in "Blackest Black"*. Oh... and I also filled in my brows a little with the same Body Shop Eyeshadow. 



Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium, Benefit Erase Paste in Medium, Revolution Organics Freedom Glow in Bronzed, Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Bronzed, Ecotools Blush Brush, Real Techniques Contour Brush 

To make my skin celebrity-flawless, I first concealed my undereye circles with Benefit Erase Paste in "Medium and my acne scarring with Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in "Medium". In the youtube video, I felt like Miley had crazy contoured cheekbones and her skin was slightly luminous. After concealer, I swiped a stripe of the Revolution Organics Bronzer under each of my cheekbones and then blended it towards my hairline with the Real Techniques Contour Brush. I opted for my Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in "Real Sand" for a similarly luminous-looking skin and used an Eco-tools Blush Brush to apply it.

The finished Miley Cyrus "We Can't Stop" inspired look...



And I can't leave without taking a silly photo... MUAH... DUCKFACE


All in all, I had a lot of fun with this one...especially trying to be all rebellious and crazy while taking photos for this post. "We Can't Stop" the music video has a "live life to the fullest"/partypartyparty kind of attitude that I was really drawn to. I actually ended up wearing this out for a brief couple night hours. Hope you enjoyed! 

What do you think of Miley Cyrus and "We Can't Stop"? How do you think I did? Any requests or suggestions for the next COPYCAT post? 

Products received for consideration are denoted with an asterisk (*).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!