Sunday, November 25, 2012

Wet n Wild Eye Shadows - Worth the Hype?

I'm pretty sure every blog post I've read and every youtube video I've watched about Wet N Wild eye shadows have something either good or great to say about them-- especially the palettes "Comfort Zone" and "Walking on Eggshells".  

I bought Comfort Zone for $3.99 at Zehrs and Walking on Eggshells for $2.34 at Wal-Mart. The shadows are extremely inexpensive, even compared to their drugstore counterparts. A four colour palette from Revlon can be up to $12.99. So getting 8 shadows for $3.99 is a real steal! 

Both palettes come with a sponge tip and brush applicator, but I'll ignore those in my assessment of the product (: 


Walking on Eggshells
Colours descriptions: 

Browbone  - a frosty white
Crease - a slightly bronze brown
Eyelid - a shimmery pink

Walking on Eggshells Swatches

The stand-out of "Walking on Eggshells" is definitely the pink eyelid colour. It is the most buttery and smooth. My least favourite is the browbone colour. It is stark white and has no yellow or pink tinge so it looks a bit odd on the eyes. 

Comfort Zone


Colour descriptions:
Browbone left - a yellowy highlight
Browbone right - a sheer warm brown
Eyelid left - a red bronze brown
Eyelid right - army green with gold-yellow shimmer
Crease left - chocolate brown
Crease right - black with gold shimmer
Definer left - dark brown with red shimmer
Definer right - red brown with blue-green shimmer



Comfort Zone Swatches





My favourites are the definer (red with blue-green shimmer) and the eyelid colour (red bronze brown). The palette would be great for any beginner as it includes every day neutrals, along with some weird colours like the army green and the blue/green/red/brown. However, I did have the same issue of sheerness with the browbone colours as I did with "Walking on Eggshells". 



The Verdict: They're worth more than their price. Some are beautiful, others I will likely never wear. Like most drugstore shadows, the colours are very shimmery. Too bad I can't find the all matte palette anywhere in Canada. 

What's your favourite bargain eyeshadow brand? 

    3 comments:

    1. I wish we could get wet and wild in the UK too :( The shimmery pink colour looks beautiful! Thanks for ollowing me :) Ive done the same x www.cherrytruth2.blogspot.co.uk

      ReplyDelete
    2. Yes! Finally, a review. :]

      I agree, these really are worth more than the price. Thanks so much for the review, by the way. ♥

      xoxo Dalia

      staypoeticbeauty.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete

    Your comments brighten my day!